Rating: 4 Stars Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Horror thriller Started Reading on August 12, 2026/ Finished Reading on August 31, 2026 Plot Summary of The Lake: Two 17 year old girls return to a camp as counslors in training where they were campers 10 years ago. Soon the counslor in training and counslors are threatened and being stalked. Esme and Kayla believes these events have to do with a incident that happened 10 years ago when they were campers. Favorite Quote From the book: "I'm honored you remember me" - Lillian "It's hard to forget when your initials are carved into my bedroom wall." - Esme My Review: The Lake had a lot of thrill but the not much suspense. The main character Esme already know who is the stalker and gives away the ending when the book reveals who it is. The book had a very good twist at the end but I think the twist can be a start for a sequel to the book. There are sdisturbing parts to the book such as the stalker kills animals and uses them to threaten the girls. I give this book 4 stars on Goodreads because I think the book has a good thrill and horror but I don't like how Esme and Kayla already know who is stalking them since it gives away the ending